HP OneView is a converged infrastructure management platform that provides a unified interface for the administration of software-defined systems in a data center.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Through the single interface, administrators can automate management and maintenance tasks that traditionally have had to be performed manually and also required several different tools. Data center management through one interface is sometimes referred to as a single pane of glass.
OneView features include:
- Server lifecycle management.
- Tight integration with HP products, which facilitates and speeds deployment.
- Support for the REST (representational state transfer) API and a message bus allow scripts to be written for task automation and integration with third-party tools and devices.
- Access to software development kits (SDKs), Windows PowerShell and Python libraries.
- Support for virtualization.
- The ability to create templates from which future provisioning of storage, compute and networking can be modeled.
- Simple integration with other converged management tools, including products from VMware, Microsoft and Red Hat.
- Visibility of all data center resources and how they are connected through one screen.
- Interface features that are similar to those of popular commercial software.